Earlier today, the official Call of Duty channel accidentally set their 2 new DLC gameplay videos to Public. Five minutes later, however, they put it back on Private.
Don’t be saddened, though, a quick YouTuber was able to download the videos for screenshots.
By the way, Liberation has a minigun.
And here’s Piazza.
Source charlie INTEL
Modern Warfare 3 might have shattered records by grossing a billion dollars in only 16 days, but it’s yet to beat Black Ops in the number of copies it sold in the same period of time.
ERA’s 2011 UK Charts show that Modern Warfare 3 only sold 2,814,609 copies between its November release and the end of December. Black Ops, however, sold 3,266,298 in the same time frame. And Modern Warfare 3 had 1 extra day to sell. (MW3 was released Nov 8, Black Ops Nov 9)
That’s a margin of 500,000 copies.
But how is this possible if MW3 broke sales records? Remember, Activision isn’t just selling the game anymore. ELITE subscriptions, XBL avatars, T-Shirts, Gaming Glasses, Xbox 360 Limited editions and many more are out on the market. Oh, and include the Hardened Edition.
And it’s not that the series is declining, it’s that the game industry in the UK is declining. It was reported that the 2011 game market declined by 13% compared to 2010.
From all of this, Activision is still getting richer and richer.
Source Digital Warfare 24/7
7 brand new screenshots popped up on the Call of Duty ELITE website, but there’s still no app. How long does it take for Apple to approve this app?
Source charlie INTEL
See it Here CoD ELITE
Thanks to Major Nelson, we now know what the top games were for 2011 according to unique users.
As surprising as it may be, these are the top 10 games of 2011.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Halo: Reach
- Battlefield 3
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Gears of War 3
- FIFA 12
- FIFA Soccer 11
- Madden NFL 12
The really weird thing is Black Ops came in at first. A majority of the Call of Duty fanbase didn’t like Black Ops! And maybe if MW3 was released earlier, it would’ve made number 1.
Source Major Nelson
If you’ve just got ELITE, the “Facebook for Call of Duty”, which also helps you get better in MW3.
Maybe you’re finding ELITE’s design to be hard to move about? Well, the officials (a.k.a. devs) have posted four videos to help you out with the basics. Because Siri can’t help you right now.
How do I activate Double XP?
How do I join a clan?
How do I create and customize a clan?
How do I send clan invites?
Early last week, Activision announced it was aware of the stability issues some of its players had experienced while playing their latest iOS title, CoD Black Ops Zombies.
They were also working on a fix to resolve these issues. And it was released and now available for download on the App Store.
Other updates include:
- Changes to the application to prevent installation on unsupported devices & OS’s. Game strictly supports iOS4 and up on 3rd gen devices and up only.
- Overall performance improvements to address lag and stability
- Improved connectivity to online services
- Overall stability improvements to Zombies and D.O.A.
- Memory savings for improved iPad / iPod Touch experience
- Improvements to Tilt / Accelerometer controls
- Improvements to damage and blast radius of grenades
- Restore Default Settings restores default volumes immediately
- If in Airplane mode user will now have error message when trying to match-make.
- Fix for ‘fickle fated’ achievement in D.O.A.
- Fix for Quick revive perk affecting speed of revive
- Fixed crash in online lobby for iOS5
- Fixes for not being able to purchase PAP ammo
- Fixes for Rejoining Session in Progress
- FAQ link directs to “http://www.callofduty.com/blackops/faq/ioszombies/”
“Game supports 3rd gen devices and up only.” So you can’t play it on your iPad 2 and only play it on your iPad 3? Oh, wait, there is no iPad 3. Yet.
Activision has proudly announced that its latest title in the Call of Duty series, Modern Warfare 3 has hit the 1 billion dollar mark in just 16 days, again beating records.
It beat Avatar’s record of 17 days. Who doesn’t like Sam Worthington controlling an alien body?
[Activision] announced today that Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare™ 3 crossed the $1 billion mark in sales since its launch on November 8, 2011, according to Charttrack and retail customer sell-through information.
Highlighting the trend of interactive entertainment gaining a greater hold of audiences worldwide, the game achieved this milestone in just 16 days, eclipsing the record set in 2009 by the feature film “Avatar,” which reached the $1 billion milestone in 17 days.
I’m pretty sure Activision’s really happy with that money.