The official contents of the MW3 hardened Edition is pretty… useless to me and the only thing that I like there is the free Elite premium membership.
What do you think? Is the collectors’ Hardened Edition really worth buying?
MW3 Hardened Edition… Is It Worth Buying?
For the past few years, Call of Duty had two collectors’ editions: Hardened Edition and Prestige Edition. This year, for Modern Warfare 3, it’s only the Hardened Edition. Activision has released the full details of the Hardened Edition at CoD XP and now on the MW3 Blog. Below are the listed additions:
- The Call of Duty: MW3 game disc, featuring unique disc art
- 1-year Call of Duty Elite premium membership (More Info here), including:
- 20 pieces of Modern Warfare 3 DLC delivered over a 9 month period
- Incredible variety, including new MP maps, Spec Ops missions and game modes
- Ownership of all DLC, even if your membership expires
- Prized Events, Operations, Leagues and custom in-game playlist and modes
- Special Founder status on Call of Duty Elite, including:
- Unique Founder weapon camo and profile skin
- Exclusive Founder in-game Player Card and Emblem
- Access to the private “#Founder” Group
- Special Founder Clan XP boost
- Special Founder Operations, Events and Leagues
- Exclusive Founder prizes and experiences
- Premium, collectible steelbook case
- Exclusive Special Ops Juggernaut Xbox LIVE outfit
- Limited edition, collectible field journal chronicling the entire saga with 100+ pages of authentic military sketches, diagrams and written entries
Yeah, nothing like last year’s Prestige Edition which included the recreated, life-sized RCXD.
Even though it has free Call of Duty Elite Premium Membership (which I would like), which gives you DLCs every month the Elite Founder status… I just don’t think it really is worth it to spend
$40 more than the normal edition ($60). It just doesn’t seem to have enough value to me.
SOURCE MW3 Official Site
What are your thoughts? Do you agree with me or not? Vote on tomorrow’s poll of the week or comment below.
Modern Warfare 3 Designed Around Fun and Not Beauty
Modern Warfare 3’s Producer Mark Rubin has stated why Modern Warfare 3 doesn’t have as good graphics as Battlefield 3.
He explained that
there are games that are graphically beautiful and that’s why I play them, but there are games like ours [MW3] that are just fun. He added,
everything is geared around making the game more fun.
SOURCE Just Push Start
Call of Duty XP Second Most Watched Live Event
The recent Call of Duty event Call of Duty Experience has topped number two on the most watched live event ever according to Eric Hirshberg the CEO of Activision Publishing, Inc. In an interview with IndustryGamers, he said:
The response has been pretty overwhelming – it was a terrific success, from both the standpoint of the people who attended in person and also our strategy to make it a connected, digital event for our fans worldwide. We had some pretty amazing metrics. Livestream, the company that broadcast the event for us, indicated that it’s the second most viewed event in history – the first being the Royal Wedding and I think the third was a President Obama speech. So that’s a pretty remarkable statistic.
He also said that XP was a global trended topic on Twitter. The event was a huge success. You can read more of the interview below.
READ MORE IndustryGamers
Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops Preview
X-Play’s Adam Sessler talks to Robert Bowling at Call of Duty XP about Spec Ops. With gameplay.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Game: Survival Mode; Map: Resistance
Here’s some brand new footage of Survival Mode gameplay on the map Resistance.
First Details: Team Defender
Team Defender was one of the couple new game modes to Modern Warfare 3. You may have read it here before on the MW3 Game Modes page and now there’s confirmed info.
It’s pretty much the same info up on the page… so I’m pretty disappointed nothing’s been said… yet 😦 .