I knew that they had more info keeping secret! I knew it! Maybe there’s more. Who knows? Only them, actually.
Breaking from tradition, I’m going with the main story first before the latest tweets.
[Go to Kotaku’s original post: The Modern Warfare 3 Files: Team Perks, No Nukes, New Killstreaks]
Kotaku reveals the unofficial look to the heart of Modern Warfare 3 ➞
They got their intel from an ‘inside source’, which revealed to them the current state of Multiplayer: the Spec Ops mode and the traditional, favourited, well-loved ➞
They continue on saying that MW3 won’t have a zombies mode :(, but will have a similar one, which we all know is Survival Spec Ops, which was confirmed by USA Today from their test play.
LET’S GET ON TO THE HEART OF THE LEAK!
Team Perks These are perks which the team works toward to earn. They still don’t know whether it will be worked by a clan or the normal team system or some other system. They still don’t know the number of the perks, but they have been told some four.
- Stopping Power Increased bullet damage.
- Blast Shield Unclear
- Health Regen Regenerate health over time.
- Stun Protection Prevent stunning from flash grenades.
Individual Perks They have been told about the new perks to look forward to, but the renewed perks, are unknown.
- Blind Eye This makes you immune to computer-controlled and player-controlled killstreaks. The pro version makes your launchers lock on faster and gives you extra bullet damage to vehicles.
- Assassin This makes you immune to UAV, thermal, and heartbeat sensors. The pro version also makes you immune to CUAV, EMP and no longer shows your name in red or the crosshair in red when you’re targeted.
- Point Guard Every two assists count as a kill towards your killstreak.
- Dead Silence You make no noise.
- Recon Gives you a special kind of radar to spot enemies, most likely. We’re not sure on this one.
They stil don’t know how many perks there are for the individual player, but they sound like they’re coming more from MW2 than Black Ops.
Killstreaks Well, they only got the list of what IW & Sledgehammer are thinking of, and there are new ones!
- EMP Grenade Temporarily takes out all area electronics.
- Littlebird A small-manned helicopter that can controlled and used to gun down enemies. [Updated]
- Precision Airstrike Calls in an airstrike on a targeted area.
- Stealth bomber Calls in a B2 Spirit to carpet bomb along a line designated by the player.
- Remote Turret A remote controlled turret.
- Directional UAV A UAV that can be directed into areas to scan for enemies.
- Remote Mortar Direct a mortar team using a zoomable camera view of the map to call in strikes.
- Airdrop Trap A booby-trapped airdrop.
- Ammo Resupply An ammo reloading airdrop.
- Escort Airdrop A protected airdrop.
- Specialist Strike Package This one remains a mystery to us.
And it has been told to them that Tactical Nukes are out of the drawing board, so expect no nukes coming!
But after this next big leak, IW has been quick to decline this:
Now, Kotaku had a post on Call of Duty Elite and what it can do for you. But since I got too bored, I decided that you can just see it for yourself instead, and it also has a new layout.
MW24/7 got high-quality screenshots of Call of Duty Elite from the trailer of it, THELEGENDofKARL.
Today’s Latest Tweets
Topping with off with a funny look into the MW3 reveal trailer. Warning, he doesn’t watch his language.
TANK, B*TCH! Overkill.