Sorry about yesterday’s post about posting the same video twice… I thought they were two different ones.
Treyarch, fortunately, have released the first preview and trailer of Escalation! But they’re the same video. You’d better have a look at the video and you might even get a glimpse of Call of the Dead. Just follow the light… house.
- Hotel was inspired by the vistas of Havana. There are a lot of flank paths and places to hide, the Treyarch folks say. A second floor can be accessed only by a set of elevators which sounds like a neat chokepoint to the sniping positions.
- Convoy is retro America. The map is built around the premise that a United States convoy was hit by a Soviet ambush. Part of the level includes a damaged road that gives you access to a bit of underground.
- Zoo takes place in an abandoned Soviet zoo. The map includes a monorail track that you can get up onto and use to walk most of map. The rail also sounds like a great sniping position.
- Stockpile takes place in a suburban village in Russia that is also home to a stockpile of weapons. The middle of the village has an operational garage which Treyarch says is the key to the map. You can open and close the doors and then use the position to hold the entire map.
- Call of the Dead offers a unique Zombies experience along with all-new playable characters.
The following are screenshots from the trailer, these from Black Ops 24/7. You can click on the image to view actual size and you can point your mouse over it for a few seconds to know which map it is:
And here are more screenshots on this link from The CoD Black Ops Blog.
I do apologise if you have to click on 10 million links. Just me at your service.
Well, that was the good news.
This is the bad news: this will be my last post of the week, posts will return on Monday due to Holy Week and my internet allowance is going down and therefore, is slower.